Tamiya 1/10 1990 Mercedes-Benz C11 On-Road RC Car Kit - 47484
All New Tamiya 1/10 The legendary 1990 Mercedes-Benz C11
Tamiya welcomes back the 1/10 R/C 1990 Mercedes-Benz C 11 kit which was released as Item 58088 in 1990 and Item 58351 (finished body) in 2004. Although it’s been about 18 years since the last release, this model is still popular among R/C fans because of its rich racing history heritage!
About the Mercedes-Benz C11
The Mercedes-Benz C11 is a Group C prototype race car introduced for the 1990 World Sports-Prototype Championship. Built by Sauber as a successor to the Sauber C9, the C11 used the same Mercedes-Benz M119 5.0L twin turbo V8. It was the first time that Mercedes-Benz chose to put their name on the car, instead of simply using Sauber.
C is for Class
With seven wins in just eight appearances during the 1990 World Sports Prototype Championship (WSPC), the Mercedes-Benz C 11 was clearly the class of the field - Boasting a carbon fiber monocoque chassis and powerful 5-liter V8 twin turbo engine, it had an unrivalled pairing of speed and reliability. This assembly kit recreates that car in 1/10 scale, with the honed body depicted in polycarbonate, plus stickers included to recreate one of two cars.
Direct-Drive 2WD Chassis
Based around an ABS plastic bathtub, with space frames front and rear and FRP plates, the chassis is a composite design that offers a rigid base to back up the fluid suspension: the result is a crisp, responsive drive. At the front, it has an independent coil-sprung king pin suspension setup, while the rear rigid suspension is a 3-point design with a 1.5mm thickness FRP T-bar and CVA oil damper; teamed up with sponge tires front and rear, they ensure superb road holding. Additionally, use of spacers allows two different front and three rear ground clearance setups.
- This assembly kit creates an R/C model of the Mercedes-Benz C 11 that wowed the 1990 race circuit.
- The chassis is based around a bathtub frame, with plastic space frame and FRP plate.
- Features a three-point suspension setup and direct-drive 2WD with a ball differential.
- The polycarbonate body features separate front light case parts
- 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 490mm, width: 206mm, height: 110mm.
- Body and large rear wing are made from 1mm thick polycarbonate.
- Composite chassis features ABS resin bathtub with front and rear space frames and FRP plates.
- Direct drive 2WD chassis transmits motor power directly to spur gear.
- 3-point suspension setup places the rear gearbox on a CVA oil-dampened T-bar.
- Ground clearance is adjustable (front: 2 settings, rear: 3 settings) according to running surfaces.
- Features ball differential and high-grip foam sponge tyres.
RS-540 Sport Tuned Motor included.
|Max LiPo Power:
- 2-channel 2.4GHz R/C system
- Electronic Speed Control (ESC)
- Steering Servo
- 6 x AA Batteries for transmitter
- 7.2V NiMH or 7.4V LiPo Battery
- Compatible charger
- Tamiya PS paint
- Alternatively you can purchase TORNADO RC ELECTRIC BUNDLE KIT WITH ESC FOR TAMIYA CARS from Techno Hobbies