Warranty and Care
Some products are suitable for ages under the Recommended Age under Adult supervision only (Subject to Care and Warranty Policy).
Please note that 'Hobby' grade high-performance remote-control Cars, Planes, Helicopters, Drones and Boats are not toys and must be used with care and safety in mind.
Damages incurred by crashes, impacts and misuse are not covered by any form of warranty. In most cases replaceable spare parts can be purchased and the product can be re-used, except for products classified as 'Toys' such as some products we sell. i.e.: NQD, Syma, Swann etc.
All warranty claims are assessed on a case by case basis as per our Warranty Terms and Conditions.
Warranty Terms and Conditions:
By purchasing a RC product, you have agreed to 1-Month Warranty on Rechargeable Batteries and 3-Months Limited Warranty terms as highlighted below:
This Remote-Control Car is covered by a 3-Month Limited Warranty for the following:
- 1 month warranty on Rechargeable Batteries
- 1 month for failure or mechanical and non-electronic parts (please see Wear and Tear section below)
- 3 months for major electronic components (Esc, Remote controller and Receiver). The product must not be used if any electronics malfunctions are observed and any damages caused as a result of the product been used, Techno Hobbies shall not be held liable and warranty is deemed void.
- Damages incurred to the product caused by misuse or abuse such as high speed impacts and crashes or using with a defective component
- Tampering or modifying of the product in any manner
- Use of unapproved aftermarket parts or accessories on the product
- Poor battery maintenance (See Battery maintenance section below)
Our Remote-Control Hobby Grade products contain internal and external parts that are replaceable for continued use as long as the product has not been discontinued by the manufacturer. Therefore, over a period of use, parts will “Wear & Tear”, which is common to all moving products and will require replacement, unless they belong to 'Toy' category.
Note: The durability of parts can vary depending on the environment the product is being used. The supplied user manual includes’ a Parts List for all internal and external Wear & Tear items, items surrounding the wheel assembly, as well as gears, that are available for purchase from our shop.
General 'Wear and Tear' parts are excluded from any Warranty after the product has been used whether inside or outside.
Some of the “Wear and Tear” parts include;
- All Gears, their respective Cogs, Bearings and Motors
- Wheels, Tyres, Wheel assembly and Drive shafts
- Chassis and all plastic components
- Steering, Suspension and Brake systems including Servos
PLEASE NOTE:- Not most R/C products are fitted with a Power Switch. If not fitted with one, then you must disconnect the battery from the product. We also recommend for products fitted with an On/Off switch to disconnect the battery from the car when not in use for safety and longevity of battery life.
Proper Battery Maintenance include:
- Charge the battery fully before first use, before or after any use, storage or use after storage
(Never run RC products supplied with LiPo or Li-Ion batteries until the battery power becomes very low or fully discharged. This will cause permanent damage to the battery).
- Allow for battery to cool down prior to charging again. This will help prolong battery life
- Disconnect the battery from product when not in use. Leaving the battery connected to the product over time (when not in use) can cause damage to the battery due to gradual discharging
Please contact Techno Hobbies via email should you require a part not listed on our website.
Thank you for your valued custom and purchasing from Techno Hobbies, Australia.