Ranger 1220 PNP with floats (Includes Reflex)
Ranger 1220 PNP with floats (Includes Reflex).
As the newest member of the FMS multi-purpose aircraft lineup,the 1220mm Ranger retains all of the fantastic features that pilots have come to expect from FMS- stable flight characteris-tics, easy to assemble airframe and realistic,general-aviation inspired design.
Built with ultralight EPO foam, the large, high-winged airframe configuration gives the Ranger low wing-loading and extraordi-nary amounts of lift, even at slow speeds. Robust plastic struts give extra strength to the wings during aerobatic maneuvers and the patented high-strength tricycle landing gear makes ground handling a breeze.
A great aircraft is nothing without a great, dependable power system- FMS has equipped the Ranger with a 3136/1200KV outrunner motor with 20A Predator ESC, which allows the Ranger to climb almost vertically on demand!
In the box, the Ranger comes with two sets of landing gears- a high-strength metal landing gear for ground operations and a pair of floats with an integrated rudder for water operations.
Designed with a yellow and white high-visibility color scheme,the Ranger can always be easily orientated even in gloomy,overcast weather.
Like the Super-EZ and the Kingfisher, the Ranger is designed with ease of assembly in mind. Requiring only 6 (wheeled landing gear) or 10 (floats) screws to completely assemble, the longest wait time is the time it takes to charge the battery!
Also included FREE is FMS’s new Reflex System - an advanced flight control module designed to provide electronic stabilization while retaining natural flight characteristics.
Complete System Upgrade - Reflex V2 is Compatible with Most FMS Aircraft
The Reflex V2 is a user-upgradeable flight controller. Reflex V2 can be reprogrammed easily with different model files via a simple software - allowing pilots to use the same flight control unit as they progress to different aircraft. Flying is simple when you have your very own “co-pilot” — the Reflex V2!
Three flight modes are available: Stabilized, Optimized or Off. This is controlled with a two or three position switch on the transmitter. When assigned to a two position switch, the Reflex system changes between stabilized and optimized modes.
Stabilized mode: Designed for beginners, Reflex will rapidly level the aircraft from any attitude when this mode is activated. Stabilized mode combines accelerometer and gyro data to determine how to level the aircraft when the control sticks are released - giving pilots absolute peace of mind. Note: The aircraft will maintain level flight with 50-60% throttle, and the aircraft will climb under full throttle.
Optimized mode: Utilizing advanced solid-state gyros, the Reflex system maintains aircraft attitude by counteracting inflight upsets - for gusts to crosswinds. With Reflex, even small aircraft will fly with the confidence of something much larger!
Off: Turns off all gyro functionality, the aircraft is flown completely manually when the gyro is off.
Please Note: This ARTF version of the Ranger requires the following: Radio System, Battery and Charger
- High-spec power system: 3136/1200KV motor, Predator 20A ESC
- Two landing gear types included- Tricycle and floats!
- High strength, lightweight metal landing gear for all-ter-rain operations.
- Screw-together and twist-lock assembly,completed in 3-10 minutes
- 10-15 minute flight times (RTF specification)
- One piece horizontal stabilizer for precise flight character-istics
- FREE 6 Axis flight control system in the box
- Wingspan: 1220mm/48in
- Overall Length: 947mm/37.3 in
- Flying Weight: 1200g/oz(float included)
- Motor Size: 3136-1200KV
- ESC: 20A
- Servo: 9g Servo x 5pcs (float included)
- Radio: 4 Channel
- CG (center of gravity): 50-60mm(From Leading Edge)
- Prop Size: 10*5 2-blade
- Recommended Battery: 3S 1300MAH 25C
- Aileron: Yes
- Elevator: Yes
- Rudder: Yes
- Flaps: No
- Retracts: No
- Approx. Flying Duration: 10 min
- Minimum Age Recommendation: 14+
- Experience Level: Intermediate
- Recommended Environment: Outdoor
- Material: Durable EPO
In The Box
- (1) Ranger 1220mm Electric Plane
- (5) 9g Servos (installed)
- (1) 3136-1200Kv motor (installed)
- (1) High Strength Metal Landing Gear
- (1) Float Set with Integrated Rudder
- (1) Product Manual
- 4+ Channel Radio Transmitter and Receiver
- 3+ Cell 11.1V 1300mAh 25C LiPo Battery
- Appropriate Balancing LiPo Charger